Has your small business been impacted economically due to COVID-19? If you are located in the Houston area, the City has created a grant program to help businesses survive during this time.
Funded by the CARES ACT, the City of Houston is giving out Small Business Grants up to $50,000 until Friday, September 4, 2020. While applications are due by the end of this week, the good news is that they are not processed in order of submission.
Lastly, if you wish to know more about this program, the City of Houston has provided a few webinars that can be viewed at your convenience.
Is your business eligible for the grant?
The grant does have a few qualifications your small business must meet in order to be considered. Here are just a few to keep in mind:
- Must be a business whose principal place of business is located within city limits of the City of Houston;
- Must have been in business for at least one (1) year prior to March 1, 2020;
- Must provide evidence of how business revenue has significantly decreased because of government restrictions or other challenges due to COVID-19;
- Must have generated $2 million or less in gross annual revenue pre-COVID-19;
- Must be in good standing regarding City requirements (property taxes, personal property, grounds for debarment, etc);
Find out all of the requirements, documentation, and eligible businesses by visiting the City Of Houston website.