- If the ATM is obstructed from view or poorly lit, go to another.
- Ensure no one is loitering in the area when you approach the ATM.
- Do not accept assistance from strangers.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and exit the premises.
- If anyone follows you after using an ATM, go to a crowded, well-lit area and call the police.
- Have your card ready.
- Never write your Personal Identification Number (PIN) on the card and don’t share it with anyone.
- If you lose your card, report it to 1-800-375-3674 during normal business hours or 1-800-442-4757 after hours.
- Put cash directly into your wallet or purse.
- Once your transaction is complete, take your money, card, and receipt and leave the area. Verify your cash later when it is safe to do so.
- Check your ATM receipts against your statements to identify unauthorized transactions.
- Park as close as possible to exterior walk-up ATMs.
- Give the member ahead of you privacy by staying a few feet behind.
- Stand directly in front of the machine to make transactions.
- Protect your PIN and privacy by shielding the keypad and standing close to the machine.
- Keep your engine running, the doors locked, and the windows up while you’re waiting in line at a drive-up. When possible, leave enough room between cars to allow for a quick exit, should it become necessary.
© 2017 Resource One Credit Union. All rights reserved.